The CONUL Teaching & Learning Committee would like to invite submissions for papers and posters for this year’s Annual Seminar.
The Seminar will be held on Thursday 07 November, with the location being confirmed in early September.
This year’s theme is Opening Up Learning & Teaching in Higher Education: what does the future hold?
We are looking at the area of Open Education , in a holistic way. The definition we apply to Open Education is the provision of access to educational opportunities and the adoption of open learning strategies in learning and teaching.
Papers and posters are invited on examples of best practice in the area, how technology is enhancing the provision of Open Education, and the linkages with Open Access, Open Science, Open Publishing.
Some areas that could be explored (although this is not exhaustive):
- Sharing examples of Open Education practice in your institution
- Innovative teaching & learning practices that are founded on Open Education Technological developments (these can be Open Educational Resources (OER) or other emerging work)
- Situating information literacy instruction and practice in the context of Open Education – Developing Communities of Practice around Open Education for those working in the field
- Collaboration with wider academic community, beyond the Library, within our universities and beyond
We invite short presentations (10 minutes), longer papers (20 minutes) or poster presentations. Please note that those submitting posters are asked to speak at the end of the morning session for maximum 2 minutes to share their findings with the delegates.
Proposals of maximum 250 words (posters and 10 minute presentations) and 450 words (20 minute papers) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30 September.
In your submission you should provide: –
- Title of your talk
- Summary of key points to be covered
- Relevance of the topic to the theme
- If possible, key learning outcomes for attendees
Please do not include attachments – the submission should be made in the body of the email.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel and all who submitted will receive a response indicating if they have been accepted or not by Monday 07 October. Informal inquiries can be sent to Áine Carey ( email@example.com ).