Theme: “Environmentally inspiring and engaging buildings, research, education and library services.”
Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group (ENSULIB) with Preservation and Conservation (P&C) Section invites LIS professionals and students to submit proposals for two-day satellite meeting to be held in Boole Library in University College of Cork, Ireland 12-13 August 2020. Note: IFLA WLIC 2020 will be held in Dublin, Ireland 15 – 21 August.
ENSULIB and P&C are proud to invite presentations that address any one or more of the following topics related to sustainability:
- Research and education concerning environmentally sustainable libraries
- Environmentally sustainable libraries and library services
- Sustainable library and LIS projects, library programs or educational programs.
- Libraries giving possibilities for users and citizens to create their own sustainable projects (user or citizen engagement)
- Sustainable technologies for (digital and physical) library materials preservation and conservation.
Two alternative styles of presentations are accepted: a presentation (15 minute delivery) or the PechaKucha format (20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each for a total of 6 minutes 40 seconds).
How To Submit Your Proposal
- Title of the presentation or PechaKucha (clearly indicate which one).
- Abstract of no more than 400 words.
- Author(s) name, professional affiliation, postal address, email address.
- A brief biographical statement of no more than 150 words.
- All proposals and presentations will be required to be in English.
Email submissions to Harri Sahavirta, Secretary, Environment, Sustainability and Libraries Special Interest Group email@example.com
Submission deadline: 23 February 2020.
Note: The planning team reserves the right to ask applicants to make small adjustments to the shape or content of their papers to support the needs of the program.
Notification of accepted presentation: 20 March 2020.
Requirements for Speakers & Final Papers
- Final papers should be a maximum of 4000 words in length and the presentation time is 20 minutes with discussion (15 min + 5 min).
- Final PechaKucha should be a maximum of 20 slides and the presentation time is 6 minutes 40 seconds.
- Papers should be original submissions (not published elsewhere)
- Papers must be submitted as formal papers for inclusion on the IFLA conference website by 30 May 2020.
- Papers should be submitted with a one-page abstract in English, although the final paper may be written in any of IFLA’s official languages. All the presentations in the satellite conference are to be given in English since no translation is available.
- All papers that are presented at the satellite meeting will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
- Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
- At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the satellite meeting in Cork, Ireland. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Information about the conference and CFP is available here.
ENSULIB is the IFLA body that awarded UCC Library runner-up in the IFLA Green Library Awards in 2019.