We are delighted to announce that there will be two bursaries to attend CONUL Conference 2020: a LIS Student bursary, sponsored by Cambridge University Press; and a recent LIS Graduate bursary, sponsored by Annual Reviews.
The conference, with the theme ‘Imagining The Future and How We Get There’ provides an exciting opportunity for those beginning LIS careers to attend an internationally regarded conference, with ample provision to attend sessions, network with delegates, and learn about key issues facing research libraries.
Two bursaries in total are available, one for each eligible category of applicant:
1. LIS students currently studying a LAI accredited course
2. LIS graduates who have graduated from a LAI accredited course within the last 5 years
LAI Accredited courses can be found here and here.
CONUL 2020 bursaries will cover:
- Full CONUL 2020 registration – entrance to conference sessions and sponsor exhibitions, lunch and refreshments, drinks reception and conference dinner on Wednesday 27 May
- One night’s accommodation on Wednesday 27 May, with breakfast the following morning
- Public Transport costs from within Ireland to and from Limerick
- Appointment of a mentor
To apply please email Michaela Hollywood (Michaela.email@example.com) with a letter of expression of interest (maximum 500 words) that includes:
- An outline of why you would like to attend CONUL 2020
- Your anticipated learning outcomes, and why you would benefit from attending
- Confirmation of your agreement to submit a report of the event to the Libfocus library blog within 4 weeks of attending the event, which may be published on both the Libfocus and CONUL websites (mandatory)
Successful applicants will be notified via email by Monday 27 March 2020 In addition to attending conference sessions successful applicants will be required to:
- Submit a report on the conference within 4 weeks of the event for potential publication on the Libfocus library blog and CONUL website
- Be present at the conference venue in Limerick for the full conference programme
Closing date for applications is 17:00 on Wednesday 24 February 2020