Course Code: CONUL T&D 2019:04
Date: 23 – 28 June 2019
– Pre-conference events: Sunday 23rd – Wednesday 26th June
– Main conference: Wednesday 26th – Friday 28th June
– Dublin Library tour programme: the afternoon of Friday 28th June
Description: Liber 2019 Annual Conference (26th – 28th June) – Call for Volunteers
LIBER’s Annual Conference is a key meeting point for research library professionals, bringing together library directors and their staff for three days of networking and collaboration. Delegates come from across Europe, but also from further afield, including Australia, Canada and the United States.
Before the main conference, many delegates join workshops and meetings for LIBER Working Groups, and following the conference, social events such as tours of the local region are arranged for those who wish to participate.
The LIBER 2019 Annual Conference will be a large and complex event. To ensure it runs smoothly, the local organising committee is putting out a call for volunteers from CONUL member institutions to help with the running of the event on the ground. As there will be no CONUL Annual Conference this year, this is a great opportunity for staff in CONUL libraries to help deliver a successful international conference.
Potential roles and responsibilities for volunteers
- room management: AV, tech, water, chairs, tables, signage etc.
- information desk duties
- miscellaneous tasks: printing, furniture moves, ushering delegates etc.
- campus guides – ushering delegates around campus
- social events: Gala Dinner, Conference Reception etc.
- sponsor exhibition space management
Host: Trinity College Dublin
– The main conference programme will be hosted in the Arts Building on the main campus of Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin.
– Volunteers will not be provided with accommodation
Opportunities to attend sessions
– Volunteers will be given the opportunity to attend a session or two, depending on operational requirements
APPLICATIONS TO HELP AS A LIBER 2019 VOLUNTEER
If you would like to volunteer, for one or more days, please make direct contact with the CONUL T&D representative in your CONUL library before the end of April 2019.